Klock Werks patented Flare™ Windshield design is now available in two sizes for the Harley-Davidson FXRD, FXRP, and FXRT motorcycle fairings. Each Flare™ Windshield is designed to enhance the bodylines of these fairing while adding performance you can feel.
The Flare™ Windshield for Harley-Davidson® is the ORIGINAL windshield of its kind, and has surprised riders everywhere with not only how great it looks, but also with how well it performs.
The innovative design features “hips” at the outer edge of the shield that re-route wind and air to add downforce to the front of the bike, improving stability at high speeds compared to riding with a stock windshield. The “flip” at the top of the Flare™ is designed to kick the air up causing it to flow back as “clean” less turbulent air for the rider and passenger.
Made from premium hard-coated polycarbonate material for safety and added durability.
- For the purpose of these windshields, the Harley-Davidson FXRD and FXRT fairings are both considered the same (with upper speaker pods), and are both different than the FXRP fairing (no upper speaker pods) – see images to see the differences.
- The 8” size is specifically designed to fit the FXRD and FXRT fairings, but will also fit the FXRP.
- The 9” size is specifically designed to fit FXRP fairings (without the upper speaker pods), and will NOT fit FXRD or FXRT fairings.
- The 12” size is specifically designed to fit FXRD and FXRT fairings, but will also fit the FXRP.
8” Flare: From bottom center screw to top edge the windshield measures 8”. The vertical height is 6.75”.
9” Flare: From center screw to top edge the windshield measures 9”. The vertical height is 6.75”.
12” Flare: From bottom center screw to top edge the windshield measures 12”. The vertical height is 9.5”.
In most cases, Klock Werks recommends you choose a Flare™ Windshield size that you can look over comfortably while sitting on your motorcycle in your true riding position.
- Solid Black color versions are opaque and cannot be seen through. These may not be suitable for shorter riders.
- For use on FXRT, FXRD, and FXRP style fairings with standard bolt pattern
Installation Instructions for Flare™ for H-D FXRP & FXRT Style Fairings
A Guide to Help Find Your Flare™ Windshield Height